Wow, it’s definitely been a while since I last posted on here. I keep saying that I want to post on my blog more regularly, but then I never do. I guess I just get busy with everything else that I forget. My weight has been up and down lately and I know that I haven’t been making the best food choices. It’s just so hard to be consistent, that is something I’ve been struggling with and need to learn how to do better. I can do well for a few days and then something gets me off track and it turns into a few days of not tracking and eating whatever I want. So it’s this vicious cycle that I get stuck in. I am determined to figure out some ways to be more consistent and keep myself accountable.
So I’ve been doing some reading and I have come up with a list of things that I need to do to help myself be more consistent:
- Exercise regularly – I need to set up a schedule to exercise regularly and stick with it.
- Eat breakfast every day – Some days I skip breakfast because I am either not in the mood to cook or I am running behind so I need to make sure I plan for breakfast every day.
- Eat a lot of protein – This is something I struggle with sometimes because if I don’t have very many points left, then I stick with fruit for a snack but that doesn’t keep me full.
- Get back on track after slip up – I tend to stay off track for a few days if I slip up and I need to get right back on track and not let it derail my whole weight loss journey.
- Stay hydrated – I need to drink a lot more water and I think I wouldn’t be so hungry all the time.
- Sleep on a schedule – I tend to stay up late after my kids go to bed but then I end up wanting a snack so if I go to bed at a decent time then I will be able to skip that snack.
- Meal plan – I do meal plan most of the time but I need to make sure that I plan out breakfast, lunch and supper because I sometimes focus on just supper but then I don’t know what to have for breakfast or lunch, so I need to utilize my skinnytaste meal planner and plan out every single meal and snack.
I feel like if I can follow all of these then I will be more consistent with my weight loss and be more successful. It seems like I have been stuck in the same weight “decade” for the past few months and I have been trying to break out of it. So hopefully with this plan I can do that and I will see a difference by the end of the Summer.