Well today is my birthday and I am now 39 years old. I know sometimes people will say that they don’t feel their age, but unfortunately I would say that I actually feel older than I am. So I am on a mission to change that!
Next year I will turn 40 and I want to enter my 40s with a positive attitude and a healthier body. My ultimate goal for the next 12 months is to reach a healthy weight for my size. I’m going to break that into 4 smaller goals to make it a little less overwhelming.
Right now I weigh 228.6 and my goal weight is 136, so I have a total of 92.6lbs to lose. If I divide that by 4, I have 23.15lbs to lose for each 3 month block. So my goals are as follows:
- By July 16, 2019 – Weigh 205.45
- By October 16, 2019 – Weigh 182.3
- By January 16, 2020 – Weigh 159.15
- By April 16, 2020 – Weigh 136
It’s definitely a large goal overall but I think that it is doable. I’ve seen people that have lost over a hundred pounds in a year, so I think if I stay focused and work hard, I can do this!
Like I’ve stated in a previous posts, my plan for obtaining this goal is:
- Track everything I eat
- Exercise for 20 minutes every day
- Drink 80oz of water a day
- If I go over my points for a meal, get right back on track
- Remind myself why I am doing this
- Distract myself when I am wanting to eat off plan
I am determined more than ever to achieve these goals and make this happen. I want to have a healthier mind and body when I turn 40 next year and I know that if I follow this plan I will definitely achieve that!